The following is the outline for the below named sermon preached here and at two other churches. If you have any questions about this sermon, please contact the pastor at PHBCALPastor@aol.com. Thanks!
Christians and the Imminent Economic Collapse
A) The Need For Dealing With Issues of the Day
B) Thousands of Hours of Reading and Research Over the Last Few Years
C) Thankful for the Opportunity Again and Allowing Me to Share
II Seven Biblical Principles to Keep In Mind With This Message:
A) Genesis Ch. 41. Specifically verses 25-36. Storing up for time of famine.
B) He That Does Not Provide For His Own Is Worse Than an Unbeliever (1Tim.5:8)
C) James 4:13-15 "...If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that."
D) Luke 12:15-31. Includes the parable of the covetous man building his barns.
E) Seek Ye First the Kingdom of God (Mt.6:33)
F) The Heart of Man Plans His Way But the Lord Directs His Steps (Prov.16:9)
G) Submit to governing authority (Rom.13:1-7; 1Pet.2:13-17). Who/what is that authority?
III The Concerns- Not Including the Problems with Israel and the Middle East
A) The Impending and Imminent Collapse of the Economy.
1. National Debt and Other Stats According to "usdebtclock.org."
a) $18,661,000,000,000 as of 9pm last night (8/16/15). $17.3+ Trillion late Feb.2015.
b) That's over $156,300 per taxpayer.
c) That's over $57,900 for each and every citizen that has a SS#.
d) This does not even include unfunded liabilities of over $97 Trillion 300 Billion that comes out to over $819,000 per citizen.
2. The Dumping of the Dollar in Trade By and Between Other Countries.
3. China's Stock Market Recently Dropped Dramatically and They Devalued the Yuan.
5. Illegal Immigration, Amnesty, and the southern border.
6. Quantitative Easing By Federal Reserve.
7. Many Elites Sending Their Money Abroad and/or Leaving the Country.
B) Various Unconstitutional Concerns, Acts, Laws and Orders.
1. Martial Law and FEMA Centers.
2. Various and Numerous Executive Orders.
3. Patriot Act/Homeland Security
4. Sections 1020-1022 of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA).
5. Constant Threats or Violations to the First, Second, and Fourth Amendments.
6. Remember the sinful nature and that power corrupts. Whether it's the above or the 1 1/2 billion rounds of hollow point bullets that were ordered by "domestic" agencies, there is at a minimum, reasons for concern and prayer.
C) Marginalization, misrepresentation and discrimination of Evangelical Christians.
D) Continued Judgment for Nationally Accepted and Condoned Sins.
1. Murder of the Unborn.
2. Sexual Sin (Anything outside the bond of marriage between one man and one woman).
3. Same Sex Marriage.
4. Pornography, Sex Trafficking, Pedophilia, Transsexuals, and Transgenders.
III How It Could All Go Down
A) Best Case Scenarios
1. The Lord comes back before the economy collapses.
2. Our nation repents, and government eliminates the national deficit and reduces the debt.
3. Nothing happens. Possible, but not likely.
B) Worse Case Scenarios In Order of Seriousness
1. Economy collapses; Money is worthless or greatly devalued; production and distribution of food fails and there is nothing in the stores; most people lose their service oriented jobs, and cannot afford utility bills, rent payments, mortgage payments, and property taxes; local governments back off various ordinances and regulations; the federal government helps those who need it and doesn't mandate unconstitutional actions; a nationwide and global bankruptcy is declared and we just start over, and financial institutions do not kick out people and foreclose on the homes.
2. Same as above except local governments do NOT back off ordinances and regulation, still require property taxes to stay in your home even it is paid off; the federal government's way of helping involves Martial Law and mandatory evacuations to existing and 'made-up' FEMA Centers; national and global bankruptcy is NOT declared, so financial institutions still kick out people and foreclose on homes with mortgages.
3. This would cause mass deaths due to violence and looting, starvation, increase in disease due to poor sanitation again, and another civil war.
4. This could be even worse if it's the result of or follows with an Electro Magnetic Pulse.
IV Temporal Options and Remedies: The 3 P's
A) Proactive Politically
1. We Don't know God's Revealed Will For Our Country At This Time, So...
2. Hold federally elected officials accountable.
a) Communicate with them by phone, letter, and email.
b) Peaceful demonstrations.
c) Visit and meet with them personally.
d) Vote for the person that most lines up biblically and constitutionally.
3. Do the above at the state, county, and city/town levels.
4. Promote and encourage state sovereignty and nullification principles.
1. Physical needs: Food, water, formula for babies, first aide.
5. The possibility of an EMP event and if you're away from home if it happens.
1. Stocking Up
a) Food: Canned short shelf life; Dehydrated & Freeze Dried long shelf life; MREs.
b) Water; Water Filters.
c) Self germinating seeds and gardening supplies, fishing supplies, hunting supplies.
d) Vitamins, antibiotics, and first aide supplies.
e) Various other necessities we take for granted.
f) Guns and ammunition for protection.
g) Gasoline and propane.
h) Items to barter with.
i) Alternative cooking methods, supplies, and a generator (gasoline, propane, solar).
a) Try to have at least one vehicle paid off.
b) Some have reported that some vehicles older than 1980 will restart after an EMP.
c) Bicycles or other non motorized forms of transportation in case of an EMP or no fuel.
a) Is your home paid for? If not can you pay ahead if you will need more time?
b) Tent, sleeping bags, and other camping supplies if you don't have a shelter to stay in.
c) Is there someone in your extended family that has a home paid for?
d) If someone in your extended family is the designated place to go, do you have the transportation and fuel if automobiles still work?
e) If it is decided you will stay at your home or at the designated paid off home, consider paying ahead on your property taxes if you haven't gotten your county/city to officially waive it during an economic collapse.
V Spiritual Options and Remedies
1. For the Gospel to be proclaimed and believed with repentance.
2. For God's restraining of evil and calamity.
3. For wisdom, guidance and direction.
4. For His will to be done and Him to be glorified.
1. Are you trusting in the Person and Work of Christ alone with a repentant faith?
2. Trust in the Lord with all of our hearts and lean not to our own understanding. In all of our ways acknowledge Him and He will direct our paths (Prov.3:5-6)
3. Fear not those that can destroy the body but not the soul, fear/awe/reverence the Lord who can destroy both body and soul in Hell (Mt. 10:28).
4. Remember, that Christ will not leave us or forsake us. He will in no wise cast out any that the Father gave Him, no one can snatch us out of His hand, and none will be lost or persish (John 6:37-39; 10:26-29).
A) We do not know for sure if, when, and how this could unfold. But the National Debt is real, and there have been indications that things may not be handled the right way.
B) Regardless of your End Times view, even if the dead in Christ rise and the rapture of the church happens before a 7 year tribulation period, this could happen before that.
C) When? Many think this Sept. Others by the end of the year. Months, years, decades.
D) Two Mottos
1: Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, pray God's will to be done.
2: I would rather be a fool for preparing and this not happen before the Lord's return, than be a fool for not preparing and it does happen before the Lord's return.